The mission of Wood Floor Business is to promote the hardwood flooring industry as a whole. To the extent possible, ads should reflect this philosophy and not be merely an inventory of products. The publisher reserves the right to refuse any ads not consistent with this policy.
- Advertisers and advertising agencies assume liability for all content (including text, representation and illustration) of advertisements printed, and also assume responsibility for any claims arising therefrom made against the publisher.
- The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertising not in keeping with the publication’s standards, including:
– Ads for floor coverings other than wood or area rugs.
– Ads deemed injurious to the industry.
– Ads containing prices, rebates, coupons or any reference to the above.
– Ads that attack a competitor.
– Ads that depict tragedy and conflict.
– Ads with sensitive social issues.
– Ads with profanity and rough language.
– Ads that are sexually suggestive.
– Ads that show violence.
- Publisher may add the word “advertisement” to any ad.
- Publisher is not bound by any conditions appearing on the space order, contract or billing instructions that conflict with the publisher’s policies.
- Cancellations are accepted only before the ad close deadline.
- If no new copy arrives by the ad materials deadline, the publisher reserves the right to run the most recent advertisement.
- A contract year starts from the date of the first insertion (12 months).
- Commission: A 15% commission is allowed on all quoted rates to all accredited agencies.
- Invoices are rendered upon publication of each issue and are due 30 days from invoice. Advertising agencies are fully responsible for payment of all advertisements ordered through and/or by them. Payment in U.S. funds is required for all invoices.
- In order to be included in the annual Resource Book, a company must be in good standing, without any outstanding debts owed to the magazine.
- If an account is over 90 days, all advertising and editorial will be put on hold.
- Past-due invoices are subject to a 1.5% service charge per month (18% per annum).